Leading the industry with innovative solutions
C765-F COLD STRIP WIDTH GAGE
Consult a KELK Representative for Details
Strip Width Measurement
Originally, width gauges were typically positioned at the exit of the finishing train and mounted in a house for protection against the hot mill environment, and to permit easy access for frequent, routine maintenance.
Today, there is a much wider range of applications for width gauges in Hot Strip Mills:
- at rougher entry and exit for Automatic Width Control (AWC)
- at rougher exit for camber measurement
- at crop shear entry for Crop Optimization at finishing train entry for strip steering
- in between finishing stands for Automatic Gage Control (AGC)*
- at finisher exit for correlation
- at coiler entry to confirm width coiled
*KELK is the only width gauge supplier to succeed in this application!
There are many width gauge suppliers around the world whose products can be used in the least demanding of these applications, but only the KELK ACCUBAND Strip Width Gauge has proven superior in all of them.
The ACCUBAND stereoscopic width gauge has special features developed by KELK to enable it to outperform all other gauges in the most demanding HSM environments. It can:
- Withstand the shock of working directly on a roughing stand
- Keep itself clean for long periods of time without routine maintenance
- Measure without backlighting at lower strip temperatures than any other gauge
- Detect strip edges despite the presence of steam and spray
- Be calibrated online using a dynamic calibrator traceable to NIST
Some KELK innovations - such as the KELK Air Nozzle introduced in 1982 - are now being widely copied by other width gauge manufacturers, but no one has ever been able to duplicate ACCUBAND performance. In direct comparison tests no other gauge has ever been proven to measure moving strip more accurately. And no other gauges have worked as long as ACCUBAND without becoming obsolete.
Continuous development has kept the KELK ACCUBAND ahead of all competitors, and makes it the best value in width measurement.
- Cold Strip Mills
- Temper Mills
- Slab sorting operations
- Plate finishing areas
- Side trimmers
- Process lines
Learn About Kelk
Over 60 years of KELK quality
Recent Information on our
Meet our companys world
and committed representatives.