Leading the industry with innovative solutions
PTR - FLUID PRESSURE TRANSMITTER PROMO
Consult a KELK Representative for PROMO Details
The ROLLMAX Fluid Pressure Transmitter is a pressure transducer with integral processing electronics designed for use in hydraulic rolling mill stands and other demanding industrial applications.
- The transmitter is designed to provide the high speed of response (1 millisecond)
necessary for the demands of modern mill control systems.
- The unit is fully temperature compensated to provide thermal stability better than
+/-0.01% FS /ºC over the range of -20ºC to +80ºC.
- Excellent linearity of better than +/- 0.15% FS through the entire measurement range.
- Excellent repeatability and low hysteresis of less than 0.05% FS.
- Digital compensation of the output signal eliminates the need for user calibration.
- Each unit is supplied with a NIST traceable calibration certificate
- A service life of 10 million full scale load cycles with high reliability ensures trouble free operation.
- Overload capability of 300% of rated load without changing characteristics and up to
500% of rated capacity without mechanical damage.
- Both the standard process fittings and the custom arrangements are available.
- The transmitter is hermetically sealed against water, steam and mill lubricants allowing it
to be used under harsh environmental conditions.
- The robust mechanical design and heavy duty stainless steel enclosure provide high resistance to shock and vibration.
- The electronics are potted inside the stainless steel body to provide high immunity to
elector- magnetic interference.
- The units are provided with 6 meters (20 feet) of Teflon shielded cable, attached to the transmitter and terminated for screw connection at the junction box. (Other lengths available).
- A protective outer steel reinforced hydraulic hose assembly in Buna N (standard) or Teflon with a stainless steel over braid protects the electrical cable.
- Electrical signals are protected against overvoltage, transients and short circuits.
- Built in diagnostics provide continuous fault monitoring and signaling of any problems.
- 5 Year Warranty
- Application Info
ROLLMAX PTR 5 Year Warranty
KELK Fluid Pressure Transmitters (PTRs) have proven to be so rugged and reliable that they can be offered with an incredible - and unique - guarantee.
The Rollmax Warranty protects KELK users not only against defects in workmanship or material but against failure of any kind, however caused, for a period of 5 years!
This means that customers that upgrade to KELK PTRs from lesser products can easily calculate the savings that will accrue over the next 5 years - their cost for replacements and repairs is guaranteed to be reduced to zero!
KELK Fluid Pressure Transducers (PTRs) are typically chosen for installation in or near mill hydraulic cylinders and so are offered in pressure ranges suitable for such applications.
PTR model is a threaded input.
Cable outlets can be either in line with the PTR at 90 degrees to it, to suit space limitations.
KELK application specialists can recommend the best PTR models for each application, as well as appropriate electronics.
ROLLMAX Fluid Pressure (FPTs)
However, the FPTs used to track changes in hydraulic cylinder pressure in hydraulically actuated mill stands are critical:
If any of these fail, the entire rolling operation must stop, and remain stopped until the FPT is replaced and the spilled hydraulic fluid - sometimes very flammable - is cleaned up. Unfortunately catastrophic failure of ordinary FPTs is quite common, as they typically feature a flimsy construction and are weakened whenever they are opened in order to adjust their internal electronics.
KELK Fluid Pressure Transducers are the most rugged FPTs available anywhere, so strong that they carry the KELK 5 year Rollmax guarantee. And KELK FPTs use the same external electronic systems as KELK Load Cells and Tensiometers. That means they never have to be opened once in service, and users can stock common spares.
NEW! KELK Fluid Pressure Transmitters with internal electronics (view above PTR details)!