CAREERS AT KELK
Become part of our team
KELK strives to be one
best companies to work for
the steel industry.
Become part of a team that's recognized world-wide for what we do - the design and manufacture of the world`s most innovative, accurate and reliable instrumentation.
Vishay Precision Group Canada ULC (KELK) is committed to ensure the safety and quality of our goods and services to our customers.
Download our Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Plan.
For further information and customer service feedback assessment, please visit our AODA website page.
Please feel free to visit our career page for up-coming job opportunities. KELK is currently hiring for the following positions.
Regional Sales Manager
Under the general supervision of the Sales Manager, this position is responsible for developing and achieving maximum profitable sales volume in an assigned territory. The incumbent is accountable to promote and sell KELK products for the metals rolling industry and for other applications. Sales are made either directly (in Canada and U.S.A.) or via agents to end users and to Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) who sell, in turn, to end users.
Essential Job Functions
- Visiting agents to develop and improve their ability to sell and service KELK products
- Visiting end users and OEMs, prospecting for new customers
- Responding to all sales and technical inquiries
- Preparing reports on visits to customers and to agents
Other Principal Responsibilities/Accountabilities
- Back up for other Regional Sales Managers during absences
- Assisting in the preparation of sales literature and sales aids
- Preparing presentation material and making presentations to agents, customers and prospective customers both in the field and at KELK
- Help develop and schedule all trade shows and seminars for commitment of resources
- Influence advertising campaigns
- 3 -5 years of selling industrial equipment or an otherwise recognized ability to perform the requirements
- Experience selling optical products, components, and equipment for the metals rolling industry is highly preferred
- Must have a Mechanical or Electrical Engineering degree or similar
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to clearly articulate thoughts, strategies and develop logical action plans
- Strong and energetic leader who can direct and motivate a sales force for the assigned task; strong Interpersonal skills
- Strong technical aptitude; good understanding of mechanics, electronics and optics
- Ability to deal with senior level management; internally and externally
- Knowledge of sales techniques; negotiating and financial skills are preferable
Physical, Demands, Work Environment and Required Safety Equipment
- Capable of travelling locally and internationally 20-30% of working time
VPG Canada, located in the North York area of Toronto, and formerly George Kelk Corporation is a major worldwide supplier of force sensors and advanced opto-electronic instrumentation for non-contact dimensional, displacement and velocity measurement, also related signal processing, data processing and control systems. In business for over 60 years, we are acknowledged by our metals industry customers to be a world leader in the design, development and manufacture of innovative, high quality industrial instrumentation.
For more information, please visit our website at http://www.kelk.com
How to Apply
Email your application to: email@example.com. We only accept documents in word and pdf format. Be sure to quote job #RSM2016 and include in the subject line. We only accept documents in word and pdf format.
Human Resources Manager,
Vishay Precision Group Canada ULC (KELK),
48 Lesmill Road, Toronto, Ontario
M3B 2T5, Canada.