CAREERS AT KELK
Become part of our team
KELK strives to be one
best companies to work for
the steel industry.
Become part of a team that's recognized world-wide for what we do - the design and manufacture of the world`s most innovative, accurate and reliable instrumentation.
Please feel free to visit our career page for up-coming job opportunities. KELK is currently hiring for the following position.
Reporting directly to the Finance/Cost Accounting Manager, the Senior Accountant is responsible to ensure the proper recording of accounting transactions in order to accurately report the division and region’s financial position and ensure timely recording of transactions in accordance with generally accepted accounting practices.
The ideal candidate will provide leadership and oversight to both the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable clerk(s). The candidate will support policies & procedure to promote continuous improvements to the quality of the product. Additional responsibilities include compiling, auditing, and analyzing accounting data, identifying problems and implementing solutions in order to prepare accurate financial statements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 5-8 years of diversified general accounting experience.
- Experience in working in a manufacturing/plant environment is an asset.
Essential Job Functions
- Prepare General Ledger entries and General Ledger balance sheet account for analysis and financial reporting (TM1 system).
- Prepare, analyze, and reconcile activity (including inter-company) and balances for balance sheet and profit and loss statements.
- Identifying problems and providing solutions to avoid financial exposures and to ensure uniform reporting.
- Responsible for FAS fixed asset system data to ensure an accurate valuation of assets and proper depreciation and disposition of assets.
- Maintain and coordinate Projects in Process (CAR) program to ensure all capital spending is within budget and prepare plan/forecast capital requirements and depreciation expenses.
- Review and A/R invoices and A/P vouchers and support clerk(s) for accounting questions, review wire payments, and prepare GST/HST tax returns.
- Manage bad debt reserve and adjust quarterly based upon VPG Canada guidelines.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- PC knowledge, intermediate excel skills specifically with knowledge of VLookups and Pivot Tables, Word, Outlook and MAS90, Great Plains or similar accounting software is preferred.
- A familiarity with intercompany transactions and HST tax is an asset.
Physical, Demands, Work Environment and Required Safety Equipment
- Ability to complete assignments under tight time frames coupled with the flexibility to work extended hours, when required, to complete work as assigned.
Other Principal Responsibilities/Accountabilities
- Special projects related to general accounting.
- Support Financial Accounting and Cost Manager with the annual budget and quarterly forecast preparation as required.
- Assist in implementation of Sarbanes-Oxley, maintain SOX compliance, and related audits and year-end financial audit.
How to Apply
Please apply directly on VPG site. We only accept documents in Word and pdf format. Please be sure to quote job #acct24 when referencing the job and a recruiter will be in touch with you if you are qualified for the position applied for.
No telephone calls please.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those being considered for interview will be contacted.
Human Resources Manager,
Vishay Precision Group Canada ULC (KELK),
48 Lesmill Road, Toronto, Ontario
M3B 2T5, Canada.