CAREERS AT KELK
Become part of our team
KELK strives to be one
best companies to work for
the steel industry.
Become part of a team that's recognized world-wide for what we do - the design and manufacture of the world`s most innovative, accurate and reliable instrumentation.
Vishay Precision Group Canada ULC (KELK) is committed to ensure the safety and quality of our goods and services to our customers.
Download our Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Plan.
For further information and customer service feedback assessment, please visit our AODA website page.
Please feel free to visit our career page for up-coming job opportunities.
Product Design Specialist/Engineer, Electronics & FPGA Design
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Sound theoretical and practical knowledge of electronics, including A/D converters, analog filters, CCDs, Xilinx FPGAs, high speed PCB design and simulation, microcontrollers and embedded system techniques
- Responsible for FPGA system architecture, implementation and validation which may include high speed data acquisition, embedded processors and complex filtering and control algorithms.
- Integration and verification of HDL implementations of signal processing modules.
- System integration and test for the purposes of product development, modification, or improvement.
- Experience with synthesis, place and route, timing constraint generation (SDC, UCF) and timing analysis targeting Xilinx 7-Series and ZYNQ platforms.
- Experience with Xilinx ISE and Vivado toolsets
- Well versed with FPGA microcontrollers such as Xilinx MicroBlaze and Embedded ARM programming.
- Strong mathematical and problem solving skills complimented by excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written required to effectively collaborate with team members, discuss ideas, provide feedback and share knowledge.
- Electro-Optical and/or Electromechanical design experience desired, but not necessary
- Signal Processing design experience desired, but not necessary
- Production Support experience (Design for Manufacturing)
- 8 or more years of relevant experience in Electronics
- BASc or MASc in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING & PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT:
- Undertake new product development work assigned by management.
- Contribute ideas for improvements to existing products and new products.
- Contribute towards the creation of design specifications for new products.
- Conduct design reviews as required by company product development standards.
- Report progress of product development projects to management in a timely manner.
- Use appropriate software tools and techniques to simulate designs or build virtual prototypes where applicable.
- Design a high level of final quality, accuracy and overall robustness in mill service into VPG products from the initial conception.
- Develop test plans and conduct appropriate tests to validate design performance against the requirements.
- Create documentation required for Production design transfer as defined by company product development standards.
DESIGN MAINTENANCE, CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT & OPERATIONS SUPPORT:
- Identify opportunities for cost savings and continuous improvement of the existing VPG Force and/or Optical products
- Initiate corrective actions or recommend solutions to management.
- Identify technical problems and their solutions.
- Perform analysis on product failure to ascertain root causes and propose solutions.
- Create / contribute to product ECN's and NCR's as required
- Provide design maintenance support for Force and/or Optical Products
- Identify, analyze and correct product or process issues as assigned by NCR.
- Assist Manufacturing in own specialty, as required, to produce VPG products.
- Provide technical consultation and assistance to others within VPG for both new and established products.
- Maintain an advanced level of proficiency in core technical disciplines applicable to specialty.
- Keep aware of other developments in VPG in fields related to own specialty.
- Maintain a good technical knowledge of market requirements.
- Maintain an awareness of technological advances in product design, components applicable for use, methodologies applicable in design and construction, applicable communications technology, and applicable computer technology.
- Evaluate and apply the above where beneficial, in particular advise on cross product application of system methodology.s where product performance can be improved and/or costs reduced.
- Liaise with outside groups, also potential or current business partners, to facilitate finding solutions to problems and improving productivity.
- Provide technical supervision to less senior staff in specialty.
- Maintain proper written records (paper, engineering databases, computer files) and complete all required technical documentation.
- Undertake other duties appropriate to this position as approved by management.
Physical, Demands, Work Environment and Required Safety Equipment
- International travel may be required, as well as working in metals rolling mills and on mining industry sites periodically. A sound awareness and experience of industrial safety procedures is required.
VPG Canada, located in the North York area of Toronto, and formerly George Kelk Corporation is a major worldwide supplier of force sensors and advanced opto-electronic instrumentation for non-contact dimensional, displacement and velocity measurement, also related signal processing, data processing and control systems. In business for over 60 years, we are acknowledged by our metals industry customers to be a world leader in the design, development and manufacture of innovative, high quality industrial instrumentation.
For more information, please visit our website at http://www.kelk.com
How to Apply
Email your application to: email@example.com. We only accept documents in word and pdf format. Be sure to quote job #ENG-EE2016 and include in the subject line. We only accept documents in word and pdf format.
Human Resources Manager,
Vishay Precision Group Canada ULC (KELK),
48 Lesmill Road, Toronto, Ontario
M3B 2T5, Canada.