CAREERS AT KELK
Become part of our team
KELK strives to be one
best companies to work for
the steel industry.
Become part of a team that's recognized world-wide for what we do - the design and manufacture of the world`s most innovative, accurate and reliable instrumentation.
Vishay Precision Group Canada ULC (KELK) is committed to ensure the safety and quality of our goods and services to our customers.
Download our Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Plan.
For further information and customer service feedback assessment, please visit our AODA website page.
Please feel free to visit our career page for up-coming job opportunities. KELK is currently hiring for the following position.
Regional Sales Manager (RSM) for Germany or Japan
Reporting directly to the Sales Manager / VP, Sales and Marketing, this position is responsible for developing and achieving maximum profitable sales volume in an assigned region. The incumbent is accountable to promote and sell all of KELK’s fiber optic, and accessory products to our current and targeted customers within the Asian and Europe market space.
The RSM will act as the organization’s liaison between KELK and its regional customers. Territories are assigned by the Sales Manager / VP Sales and Marketing, and may change from time to time.
Essential Job Functions
- Drive the cadence of day to day sales activities within the region
- Supervise the preparation of terms and conditions of each customer order such as technical proposals and price quotations, payment terms, delivery, commissions, discounts and gross margins.
- Respond to all sales and technical inquiries
- Prospect for new customers while retaining existing customers by visiting them directly in territories without agents.
- Understand market potential within each defined region and help strategize and prioritize time and resources required or available.
- Prepare reports on visits to customers and to agents according to established practice; ensuring project summary reports and other sales related paperwork are completed and kept up to date.
- Meet forecasted sales goals
- Prepare annual business plan and quarterly forecasts
Other Principle Responsibilities/Accountabilities
- Back up for other Regional Sales Managers during absences
- Assisting in the preparation of sales literature and sales aids
- Preparing presentation material and making presentations to agents, customers and prospective customers both in the field and at KELK.
- Help develop and schedule all tradeshows and seminars for commitment of resources
- Influence advertising campaigns
- Minimum 10 years of experience selling optical products, components, and equipment for the metals rolling industry is highly preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of leadership and supervisory experience leading a global sales team in assigned regions.
- Possess a proven track record of sales successes & management of multi-million dollars sales plan.
- Experience in working with OEMS
- Ability to speak foreign languages (i.e. Japanese or German) is an asset.
- Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Degree
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to clearly articulate thoughts, strategies and develop logical action plans
- Looking for a strong and energetic leader who can direct and motivate a sales force for the assigned task.
- Strong Interpersonal skills; this person needs to lead a team of remote sales managers.
- Extremely strong technical aptitude; the products this team sells are some of KELK’s most technical products.
- Ability to deal with senior level management; internally and externally
- Knowledge of sales techniques
Physical, Demands, Work Environment and Required Safety Equipment
- 35% travel is required, including occasional weekends. Ability to travel internationally.
How to Apply
Please apply to the email below. We only accept documents in Word and pdf format. Please be sure to quote reference number “sales05c” in the subject line and a recruiter will be in touch with you if you are qualified for the position applied for.
Human Resources Manager,
Vishay Precision Group Canada ULC (KELK),
48 Lesmill Road, Toronto, Ontario
M3B 2T5, Canada.